Feline re-directed aggression means your cat has seen or experienced something is hasn’t liked and has re-directed it displeasure (with aggression) onto something close by – either a human or another cat it lives with. This can be an instant reaction or can be a delayed response. The response can be be extremely aggressive and can cause a lot of harm.
When your cat is in this heightened state it is not wise to respond in a manner that can antagonise the cat further.
It is best to remove yourself away from the cat or usher the cat to a quiet room where it can calm down.
It takes a cat behaviour specialist to review the situation to try and understand what is causing your cat to react in this way and to advise on steps to diffuse the situation. It may not be so obvious to the cat guardian as to what is causing the cat to react in such a way, especially if the ‘outburst’ is a delayed reaction (away from the original source).
Feline Re-directed Aggression Consultation
If you have found yourself on this page and are a cat guardian, with a feline re-directed aggression issue to iron out, it’s more than likely that you will be seeking a cat behaviourist to visit your home as part of a cat behaviour consultation.
Why book a cat behaviour consultation with Anita Kelsey:
- Anita Kelsey has been studying cats for years and is fully accredited
- Currently in her second year at university reading for a BA in Cat Psychology
- Vet recommended and referred
- Full member of the Canine and Feline Behaviour Association
- Friendly and approachable
- Impeccable client references
- Support always given.
- Easy to talk to and contact
- Based in Notting Hill, London but will travel anywhere in the UK
- International clients welcome
- Full public liability insurance
- Emails answered within 24 hours and cat behaviour consultations always treated as an emergency and appointments given straight away
- Day, evening or week-end appointments available
- Anita is a natural animal communicator
- Specialised cat groomer. Behaviour consultations connected to grooming available
- Anita’s living and breathing passion is cats and she understands their behaviours and patterns more than anyone. She is experienced in dealing with feline re-directed aggression
If you are experiencing feline re-directed aggression and need help then please do not hesitate in contacting Anita on firstname.lastname@example.org.