By Pet Behaviour Counsellor Anita Kelsey
Not every one is lucky enough to have a garden for their cat to play in especially in London. Also it is a known fact that most people with a particular breed of cat keep them exclusively as indoor cats.
For cats that are kept indoors, or ones that did have a garden but were moved into a place which no outside access it is essential that they are given lots of stimulation within the four walls which will make up their home for the rest of their lives! You and I are able to go outside everyday and be stimulated by hundreds of different sensations, sounds, visual candy, but it is a different story for the indoor cat who only has what you leave him/her to play with.
If you have space it is always better to get two kittens from the same litter as they will keep each other company during the long hours when you are at work. Some breeders will not sell a kitten unless they are sold in pairs. This makes so much sense when you think about it. But also remember kittens grow into cats so make sure you will have the space for two adult cats and also the financial resources.
A quick word of warning. If you already have one cat and think it’s lonely as a single cat think again. Most people make the mistake of bringing another cat into their home as company for the first cat but this generally leads to conflict and unhappiness. The first cat has already established it’s territory and it’s special bond with you and will not take too kindly to another cat entering his/her space.
Here are a few articles on stimulation for the indoor cat below. Your Cat magazine article will shortly be published.
Article for style pet magazine STYLE TAILS Article for Canine and Feline Behaviour Association
CAT BEHAVIOURIST CONSULTATION
If you have found yourself on this page and are a cat guardian, with a few cat issues to iron out, or you wish advice on stimulation for the indoor cat it’s more than likely that you will be seeking a cat behaviourist to visit your home as part of a cat behaviour consultation.
Why book a cat behaviour consultation with Anita Kelsey:
- Anita Kelsey has been studying cats for years and is fully accredited
- Currently in her second year at university reading for a BA in Cat Psychology
- Vet recommended and referred
- Full member of the Canine and Feline Behaviour Association
- Friendly and approachable
- Impeccable client references
- Support always given.
- Easy to talk to and contact
- Based in Notting Hill, London but will travel anywhere in the UK
- International clients welcome
- Full public liability insurance
- Emails answered within 24 hours and cat behaviour consultations always treated as an emergency and appointments given straight away
- Day, evening or week-end appointments available
- Anita is a natural animal communicator
- Specialised cat groomer. Behaviour consultations connected to grooming available
- Anita’s living and breathing passion is cats and she understands their behaviours and patterns more than anyone. She can also give expert advice on stimulation for the indoor cat
[button linking=”default” link=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” align=”left” size=”medium” type=”standard” style=”solid” ]BOOK A HOME VISIT[/button]