Cat behaviour explained
Cats scratch for a variety of reasons:
Keeping their nails in tip top condition
Stretching the muscles in the front paws
Natural behaviour hard wired
If numerous scratching posts are not provided in the home then a cat will find something to scratch. Sometimes cats will still scratch furniture like sofas and chairs much to the annoyance of the cat guardian. You can avoid this by placing smaller upright scratching posts in front of the un-desired area your cat is scratching.
Alternatively you can make the surface feel undesirable to the cat by placing double sided sticky tape on the area until your cat no longer uses it.
Do not shout or hit your cat. No 1: It is cruel and No 2: Your cat will have no idea why you were doing this kind of punishment for doing what it is naturally hard wired to do.
A note about the cruel practice of declawing.
Declawing is illegal in the UK and Anita Kelsey, a Cat behaviourist based in London, is totally against it and speaks out against declawing every chance she can. She supports the Paw Project which is a recent movement and documentary against de-clawing.
Cat behaviourist based in London
If you have found yourself on this page and are a cat guardian, with a few cat issues to iron out, it’s more than likely that you will be seeking a cat behaviourist based in London to visit your home as part of a cat behaviour consultation.
Why book a cat behaviour consultation with Anita Kelsey:
- Anita Kelsey has been studying cats for years and is fully accredited
- Currently in her second year at university reading for a BA in Cat Psychology
- Vet recommended and referred
- Full member of the Canine and Feline Behaviour Association
- Friendly and approachable
- Impeccable client references
- Support always given.
- Easy to talk to and contact
- Based in Notting Hill, London but will travel anywhere in the UK
- International clients welcome
- Full public liability insurance
- Emails answered within 24 hours and cat behaviour consultations always treated as an emergency and appointments given straight away
- Day, evening or week-end appointments available
- Anita is a natural animal communicator
- Specialised cat groomer. Behaviour consultations connected to grooming available
- Anita’s living and breathing passion is cats and she understands their behaviours and patterns more than anyone
PLEASE CONTACT ANITA, LONDON’S LEADING CAT BEHAVIOUR EXPERT, WITH A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PRESENT CAT RELATED ISSUE AND YOU BE GUIDED AS TO THE NEXT STEPS TO TAKE.by