Anita Kelsey BA Hons (1st), CIDBT, MCFBA,
CAT BEHAVIOUR CONSULTATIONS – info for vets
If you are a vet seeking a cat behaviour referral for one of your clients then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your client’s details as well as the cats full medical records. I will also require a vet referral form, which can be downloaded from The Canine and Feline Behaviour Association website.
My consultations are feline specific and deal with many behaviourial issues including
- Feline territorial aggression
- Feline re-directed aggression
- Feline OCD (excessive grooming, etc)
- Feline predatory aggression
- Fouling around the home
- Feline spraying/marking
- Furniture damage
- Feline obesity
- Problems arising from confinement/in-door cat problems
- Inter-cat relations/Multi-cat household tensions
- Feline separation anxiety
- Confidence building with shy anxious rescue cats
- Low stress mobile cat grooming & grooming behaviour training (Anita specialises in working with aggressive, elderly or phobic cats)
BA Hons (1st) – work based – Feline behaviour and psychology – Undergraduate Middlesex University
2 years study with tutor Roger Tabor – Feline Dept of the CIDBT (Cambridge Institute Of Dog Behaviour Training)
Accredited by The Canine and Feline Behaviour Association – Full member status
Master level cat groomer – Accredited by Pets Universe.
My consultation fees vary depending on the post-code of your client.
My fees cover:
- Studying any medical history from you before my home visit
- Sending the client an extensive behaviour assessment form
- Studying the answers on the assessment form before my home visit
- A home visit which lasts aprox 2 hours
- Travel costs
- An extensive in-depth behaviour report (for the client and referring vet),
- which will include a diagnosis, modification plan of action and prognosis.
- An invoice for client’s records and for their insurance company
- Completion of Insurance claims form
- Continued follow up support until the issue is sufficiently resolved
Most insurance companies cover behaviour fees from full member practitioners accredited by The Canine and Feline behaviour Association but clients are advised to check with their individual insurers first.
HOME VISIT WAITING TIME
I can usually see a client within two weeks of contact. Their report is written up and sent to them and the referral practice within 48 hours.
AREAS I COVER
I am based in Notting Hill, West London but consult all over London, Greater London, the home-counties as well as further afield. Travel costs will apply.
"I believe Anita is an asset when it comes to cat behavioural issues, which unfortunately are becoming more and more common in house-cats. I will be happy to continue referring cases to her"
Marcella Chelli-NuzzoMRCVS, MSc – Foxgrove Vet Centre/Vet Care Emergency
"I understand behavioural problems require more detail and so I found your full report interesting and helpful to read to improve my understanding. Thank you!"
Emer LenihanMVB MRCVS, The Royal Veterinary College
"I give people the option to seek Anita’s help as its hard for us to advise on the phone"
Matthew PearsonCat Adoption Officer, The Mayhew Animal Home
"We would thoroughly recommend Anita for a cat’s eye perspective of the world, she is thoroughly enlightening and very friendly too."
Claire BassHumane Society International
"I am very impressed by her passion and dedication to her job – she is very skilled and knowledgeable. I am a veterinary general practitioner myself and it is common to have behavioural issues within the small animals world. I would refer all my cases to Anita – she makes all the difference if you’re looking for an improvement in your relationships with your beloved pets"
Thanks so much for seeing Indiana for us. I am very impressed with your behaviour report, and I’m sure her owners are too! We will 100% be referring cat behaviour cases to you in the future (from both our Notting Hill and Baron’s Court branches)
Emily ConroyMRCVS – Notting Hill & Baron Court Vets